Thursday, October 03, 2002

trying to get this blog sorted!!

Despite many people thinking so – I never did live at Millbrook Cottage! I first encountered Shyneford when the band I was in – Helix – played at an Arts Lab gig at the Stoke Hotel late 1968. Clive Young, Graham Clarke and Poppa Ben Hook were on the bill, I think!. It was where I met Schoolgirl Jenny. She wrote to me (got my address in Clapham Junction off Steve Whitehead, I believe) and invited me to a (New Year's Eve?) party at the Cottage. I came and began to visit Shyneford most weekends, staying at the Cottage. Clive and Graham lived in the main room with a pontling pot (sp?) between them. Cherry was upstairs. After a while I got fed up with living in London, packed in my job at Academic Press, and moved to Shyneford.

No comments: