Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Added some links to links page. Also added lots more people photos to people2 and people3.

The first place I lived in Shyneford was at 38 Wodeland Avenue (not 26!) in a crummy bedsit for 2 weeks. I then moved to a front room in a flat in 19 Harvey Road, sharing with two law students. Moved to 7 Mill Lane end of July. I think the deal was that Gus was moving to Wimbledon with 'Groovy' Rob Thomasson and I would take his room, but he stayed and we shared!! We had a foolproof way of indicating that we were otherwise engaged – we would leave an empty milk bottle outside the door!! We were in the downstairs room, facing Mill Lane (the front door was facing the car park and Plummers (Debenhams)). Upstairs lived Pete Durant, and the landlord Jonathan Adams slept on the sofa in the front room. Ian 'Jock' Macadie (sp?) often fell asleep there after a session at the Legion. Tony England was in the back room upstairs when I first moved in, but several people passed through – Clio, Tommy... Eventually I found an unfurnished flat of my own at 65 Epsom Road; Pete bought 'Sweet 16' Stoke Road and I think Gus lived there for a while too.

No comments: